Monday, October 27, 2008

Mike Singletary will save football.



The above press conference is long, but worth watching if you are a football fan. Not only does Mike Singletary say that Vernon Davis would be better off taking a shower and watching the game from the sidelines, but you can almost literally watch the deep, red rage build within him. That's cool, because Mike is old school.

Mike Singletary is one of my all-time favorite players. I cannot even begin to tell you how badly I wanted to hit someone so hard my helmet broke, which Mike did on a seemingly regular basis. He wasn't the most flashy dude on the field, but when you can lay the wood like he laid the wood, you don't have to be flashy to get the recognition. Refrigerator Perry and Jim McMahon might have been the stars, but Singletary was the best player on that Bear's team outside of Walter Payton. Samurai Mike was the man, and I am telling you right now that he can still probably hit harder than half the dudes in the NFL.

So now I am going to have to start rooting for the 49'ers. I shall never betray my beloved Denver Broncos, but San Francisco just became a substantially more interesting team to me. Also, here is a picture of Samurai Mike in his glory days:

1 comment:

katdish said...

"I never answer anonymous letters"

- Yogi Berra